STATE EMPLOYMENT AND EXPENDITURE FOR RESULTS (SEEFOR) PROJECT
PROCUREMENT NOTICE – INITIAL SELECTION DOCUMENT (ISD)
INVITATION FOR INITIAL SELECTION
(DESIGN SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION)
IMPLEMENTATION, PARAMETERIZATION AND CUSTOMIZATION OF ODOO ERP TO SUPPORT THE PUBLIC FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT PROCESSES IN EDO STATE NIGERIA
CREDIT NO: 50220
6TH JUNE 2019
- The Edo State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and Grant from European Union (EU) towards the cost of State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit for the payment for implementation, parameterization and customization of ODOO ERP to support the public financial management process in Edo State.
- The Edo SEEFOR project intends to initially select applicants for design, implementation, parameterization and customization of the ODOO ERP to support the Public Financial Management processes in Edo State Central Government.
The objective of this assignment is to provide implementation services migrate the existing Edo State SIFMIS system – Based on Oracle EBS – to a more open and sustainable platform (based on Odoo ERP) that will allow the state to run core FMIS functionalities (budget preparation and execution, accounting, cash management and reporting). This first phase should support basic PFM functions within the state. A final scope will be discussed and validated with the consultant before contract signature. The consulting Firm will be required to deliver:
- Odoo ERP implementation and customization. This includes a Business process review and optimization to ensure that PFM processes are in compliance with best practices in the domain;
- Introduction and use of SCRUM Methodology for the development and implementation of the system;
- Data Migration: Migrate all existing data (both master and transactional data, from legacy systems to the new platform. Attention needs to be given to the Chart of Accounts, vendor master data, etc.
- Custom developments if need be t support all functionalities that are not provided natively by the Odoo package;
- Capacity building and knowledge transfer;
- Provide all required documents / technical manuals for all modules developed.
To qualify, the Consulting Firm must be at least an Odoo Gold partner and would have demonstrable experience in implementing and customizing the Odoo ERP in the public or private sector entities. The firm should demonstrate capability by confirming the following:
- Firm’s experience: The Firm must demonstrate specific experience of at least one completed, verifiable and successful Odoo implementation and customization assignment for a private sector or a Government entity. In addition, the firm should have implemented and customized at least the accounting and reporting modules of Odoo ERP for at least 5 years in a developing country context. The firm must provide detailed description of the above assignments.
- Availability and quality of professional staff: The firm must provide relevantly qualified and experienced staff for the assignment. at a minimum, the following key positions (core team) will be expected:
- Team Leader – with at least 5 to 10 years in experience designing and implementing business systems in at least one government or two private sector entities; Experience in project management, implementation of open source ERP systems software is preferable. Possession of qualification in Project Management – SCRUM is desirable.
- Business Analyst – with at least 5 years’ experience as a Systems Architect with a Scrum master certification (desired). Experience as a Lead Systems Architect for at least two major Odoo implementation and customization projects.
- Two Seniors Developers –with relevant graduate qualification in an IT related discipline such as Computer Science, information technology or any other related field. At least 5 years’ working experience in developing systems. Expert knowledge of development methods and tools in IT for financial management systems is essential. Prior experience in the successful development of application. Knowledge about IT and web applications for package-based solutions is desirable. Expertise in Unix/Linux, Visualization Systems, Network Security, Systems Analysis is desirable.
- A PFM Expert
- A Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Based on the scope of the assignment, the consulting Firm can include any other expert they deem necessary.
- Initial Selection will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Projects Financing” (“Procurement Regulations”), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Project Office, State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project, 8thFloor, Palm House, Sapele Road, Benin City, Edo State, E-mail Address: [email protected]and inspect and obtain the Initial Selection Document at the address given above from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Mondays through Fridays. Applicants are to pay a non-refundable fee of N50,000.00 (Fifty Thousand Naira) only in Bank Draft payable to Edo State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project before obtaining the documents.
- Applications for Initial Selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 11 am on Friday 2ndAugust 2019. Late applications may be rejected.
The Project Coordinator,
State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) Project,
Ministry of Budget and Planning Economic Development,
8thFloor, Palm House
Sapele Road, Benin City, Edo State.
Phone: +234 (0) 701 693 3211