101, YAKUBU GOWON CRESCENT,
P.M.B. 401, ABUJA, NIGERIA
E-MAIL: [email protected]
Client: ECOWAS Commission
Type: Expression of Interest (EOI)
RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT FIRM FOR MARKET SURVEY FOR GOODS /WORKS ITEMS FOR ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS)
1. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to recruit a consultant firm to carry out a market survey on goods /works items.
2. The main objective is to facilitate the creation of a database of prices of goods and services such as office equipment, computer equipment/consumables, office furniture, stationeries, and Works related items/services such as sanitary fittings, ceramic tiles, tiling/per square meter, door locks/cartridges, amongst others, to guide the Directorate of General Administration through the procurement process for such items.
3. Duties and responsibilities of the Consultant Firm:
• Visit reputable business concerns situated in Abuja and Lagos for the purpose of obtaining the prices of the items listed in the Terms of Reference based on approved technical specifications provided by the Commission/User/Technical Departments;
• Analyze the information (prices/specifications) in the course of the survey, and benchmark same with what obtains in similar international organizations.
4. The qualifications of the Consultant Firm should include:
• The prospective consultant firm shall be versed in conducting market study or survey for procurement processes as well as data collection, analysis and presentation, with good command of the English language, whilst the mastery or passable expertise in any of the ECOWAS languages will be an added advantage. The consultant firm shall be made up of a team which possess relevant industry experience and educational certification in the following areas of study:
• Head of team – With a minimum Master’s educational qualification in Procurement or Supply chain management /Economics /Statistics/Accounting /Marketing/public or Business Administration or related field. Should have at least five years’ experience in field sales/marketing.
• Building /Civil Engineer – With a minimum of Master’s educational qualification in engineering or related field with at least three years working experience.
5. The selection procedure will be selection of Consultant (firm) based on the Consultant’s Qualification and the selected Consultant firm will be invited to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the Contract Agreement. Please note that the selected consultant firm will be expected to submit all required reports in English or French.
6. The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultant (Firm) to indicate their interest in providing these services. The interested Consultants firms must provide all information supporting their qualification to perform the services (kindly attach detailed Curriculum Vitae and Certificates; past experiences of similar jobs over the past ten (10) years; computer knowledge; knowledge of the area; language and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project).
7. Interested consultant firms may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 09:00am GMT+1 to 5:00pm GMT+1.
Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja Nigeria or by E-mail to the following addresses: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
8. Expression of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT FIRM FOR MARKET SURVEY FOR GOODS /WORKS ITEMS FOR ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS)”, Do not open except in the presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below latest by Thursday September 20, 2018 at 11:00am (GMT+1).
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Directorate of General Administration, Procurement Division, 1st Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja, Nigeria.
9. Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and will not be evaluated.
10. This EOI is also published in the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement.
General Administration & Conference
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN