COMMISSION DE LA CEDEAO
FROM: 27/02/2018; To: 29/03/2018
CLIENT: ECOWAS COMMISSION
TYPE: Expression of Interest
TITLE: RECRUITMENT OF AN INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR THE MID-TERM EVALUATION (MTE) OF SIDA’S SUPPORT TO THE INITIAL PROJECT ACTIVITIES OF THE STRATEGIC PROGRAMME ON REDUCTION OF VULNERABILITY AND ADAPTATION TO CLIMATE CHANGE IN WEST AFRICA
1. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission intends to recruit an individual consultant firm to carry out the Mid-term Evaluation (MTE) of Sida’s Support to the initial project Activities of the Strategic Programme on Reduction of Vulnerability and Adaptation to Climate Change in West Africa.
2. The mid-term review aims at assisting partners to access sustainability of activities, approaches and structures inhabited or supported by the project, and provide recommendations for the future. Specific objectives of the review will be as follows:
i) Assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of the project implementation, including assessing the institutional arrangement, partnerships, risk management, M&E and project implementation;
ii) The extent to which the project remains constant with and support of the ECOWAS vision 2020 where policy background originates;
iii) Determining the relevance of the Project in relation to the existing needs of the stakeholders and the environment;
iv) Evaluating the impacts of the Project and the contribution of the outputs to the overall purpose;
v) Providing guidance on establishment of critical benchmark baselines for impacts assessment;
vi) Assessing the long term sustainability of project interventions;
vii) Identifying lessons learned on the strategic approach (strategic processes and mechanisms chosen to achieve the project objectives).
3. The overall duration of the assignment is: 35 working days and will be carried out by one (1) individual consultant, responding to the profile below:
One (1) Environmental Expert:
Post graduate degree (PhD or minimum of Master degree) in Natural resources/Environmental management/Climate Science;
General Experience: Must have a minimum of ten (10) years working experience gained with an international or national organization, a consultancy firm or a government;
Specific Experience: Shall justify a proven track record for similar assignments (minimum of 2 projects) and shall have a solid knowledge and proven experience on climate change concerns, NDCs and Paris Agreement. Significant experience in Result – Based Management (RBM) and in analyzing organizational set-ups, project planning, management and, implementation and evaluation of comparable projects; a good review regarding relevant actors within climate change negotiations in the ECOWAS region and Shall have a profound knowledge concerning cost-efficiency and effectiveness analyses related to projects.
Experience in the West African Region: Shall justify good knowledge of West African Region and justifying a proven track record for similar assignments (2 projects) in the ECOWAS region.
Experience with Donors Funded Projects: Shall justify at least one similar assignment carried out under a Donor Funded Project;
Language Skills: Must be fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in any of the ECOWAS Official Language (English; French or Portuguese). A good knowledge of the other official language will be an advantage.
4. The ECOWAS Commission now invites all interested eligible individual Consultant to submit their candidacy to provide the services described above in paragraph 2. The Consultants must produce a letter of expression of interest and their curriculum vitae, providing clear information on their experience and qualification for the assignment (CV, references of similar services demonstrating that they are qualified, description of their experiences and tasks in similar missions, availability, and any other information useful for the accomplishment of this project etc.). Please note that if individual consultants are proposed by firms, only the experience and qualifications of the individuals shall be used in the selection process, their corporate experience shall not be taken into account, and the contract, if given, will be signed with the proposed individuals.
5. The selection will be done on the basis of a comparison of curricula vitae and the selected Consultant will be invites to produce Technical and Financial Proposals which will serve as the basis for negotiation for the conclusion of the contract Agreement. (Selection method: Individual Consultant based on the Consultant’s Qualification).
6. Interested Consultants can obtain further information at the email address mentioned below during office hours: 9:00am to 3:00pm (GMT + 1), Nigerian time on working days. Email: [email protected] with a copy to: [email protected]
7. The Expression of Interest (1 Original and 3 Copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked:
“Recruitment of an individual consultant firm to carry out the Mid-term Evaluation (MTE) of Sida’s Support to the initial project Activities of the Strategic Programme on Reduction of vulnerability and Adaptation of Climate Change in West Africa, do not open except in presence of the Tender Committee” to the address below by Thursday, March 29, 2018 at 11:00am (GMT + 1), Nigeria Time. Expression of Interest shall be submitted in English or French languages.
8. The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Commissioner, General Administration & Conference, 5th Floor ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P.M.B. 401 Abuja, Nigeria.
9. Please note that electronic submissions are not accepted and therefore, will not be considered.
This request for Expression of Interest (EoI) can also be viewed on this website:http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement
Commissioner, General Administration & Conference
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST