FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
EBONYI STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS AND TRANSPORT
GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE
NAME OF BORROWER’S COUNTRY – NIGERIA
NAME OF PROJECT – EBONYI STATE RING ROAD PROJECT
- The Government of Nigeria has received a loan from the African Development Bank to finance the implementation of the various components for the Rehabilitation of the Ebonyi State Ring Road Project.
- The principal objective of this project is to contribute to socio-economic development, poverty reduction and integration of the regions of the country through an improved transport system that links Centres of economic activity.
- The project includes the following components:
- Civil Works: This component involves the rehabilitation of the existing paved road sections forming the Ebonyi State Ring Road to bitumen standard with carriageway widths of 7.30 m and 2.75m shoulders on either side. The civil works will be implemented in two (2) Lots:
Lots 1 include section as follows: Section I:135 Ohaukwu – Onueke Road (35.48 km), Section II: Onueke – Nwezenyi (52.42 km).
Lots 2 include Section III: Nwezenyi – Ndoko (50.99 km), and Section IV: Ndoko – Ezzamgbo (38.91 km).
- Consultancy Services: the component consists of:
- Design review and construction supervision of the above two civil works Lots;
- Road safety audit;
- Sensitization of HIV/AIDS, STI, TB and gender;
- Baseline data collection and monitoring of ESMP implementation;
- Technical and financial audit;
- Procurement consultant.
- Capacity Building: This component consists of technical assistance and training to the Ministry of Works and Transport of Ebonyi State, and other support ministries. This includes provision of training to State PIU, and Technical Assistance for Road Maintenance Management. The component also includes training of female contractors and youth in contract management and labour based road construction.
- Complementary Initiatives: This component consists of interventions to address cross cutting issues of gender, youths and environment. The intervention include:
- Rehabilitation of 20km of selected Feeder Roads
- Improvement of selected community schools, 4 No., one per road section
- Improvement to one health centre in the project area
- Improvement to one community market in the project area.
- Compensation and Resettlement:This component makes provision of compensation and resettlement of the project affected people in accordance with the Resettlement Action Plans (RAPs).
- The procurement of Goods and Works will be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s: “Rules and Procedures for the Procurement of Goods and Works May 2008 Edition-Revised July 2012” and for the Consultant Services in accordance with “Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants May 2008 Edition-Revised July 2012” which are available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information, and should confirm their interest, by contacting:
Ebonyi State Ministry of Works and Transport
Opposite Nigerian Prisons Abakaliki
Hon. Commissioner for Works & Transport