ANAMBRA STATE INVESTMENT PROMOTION AND PROTECTION AGENCY
Under the auspices of the ANAMBRA STATE GOVERNMENT
PRIVATIZATION OF NNEWI SHOPPING MALL LIMITED
INVITATION TO EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (“ANSIPPA” or the “Agency”) is a government agency mandated by the Anambra State Government (the “State”) to manage and oversee its investments while partnering with other stakeholders including Private investors and authorities to execute key infrastructure projects in the State. The Anambra State Government, through its Four Point Development Agenda, has set ambitious goals designed to diversify and grow its economy through massive investment in infrastructural projects in partnership with the private sector. The Agency is particularly keen to realize the development of the State’s infrastructure base in liaison with other agencies of government and the private sector.
To this end, the State has mandated ANSIPPA working the partnership with Afrinvest (West Africa) Limited (“Afrinvest”) to commence the privatization of Nnewi Shopping Mall Limited (the “Mall” or the “Company”) to fund the completion of the Project (the “Transaction”).
Afrinvest hereby invites interested equity investors to express interest in the offered investment:
Nnewi Shopping Mall Limited is a limited liability company whose only asset is a partially completed shopping mall development situated on approximately 5 hectares of prime land in the city of Nnewi, Anambra State.
The Mall is strategically located midway between the high populated major cities of Onitsha (22 km), Awka (40 km) and Enugu (103 km).
The Mall is the largest of its kind in the State and is therefore uniquely positioned to accelerate commercial activities in Nnewi and the neighboring towns. To date, the Mall has been financed solely by equity and is designed to accommodate major international and domestic retail tenants.
Nnewi is a major industrial and commercial hub in Eastern Nigeria. It has a vibrant and primarily young working class population estimated to be more than half a million people with strong purchasing power. Similar demographics exist in surrounding cities of Onitsha and Awka who will form the catchment area of shoppers at the Mall.
The Mall is being offered on an “as is” condition, as a result of which all potential investors are advised to conduct their due diligence exercise.
Method of Application: Interested Investors (eligible entities or consortia) should indicate their interest by submitting an Expression of Interest (“EOI”) with the following documentation and information, as applicable under the subject headings specified below (in the case of a consortium, please provide the relevant information for each consortium member);
In the case of Single Entity:
• Company Profile with Certificate of Incorporation, Memart, Stakeholders and Directors of Entity
• Strategic rationale for investment in the Mall;
• Audited account, not later than 2016, showing total assets of at least N2bn or a letter of good standing from a bank confirming capacity to invest up to N1.0bn in a project of this nature;
• Adviser’s Letter of Appointment (if EOI is being submitted on behalf of the entity);
• Contact details showing email and telephone number.
In the case of a Consortium:
• Consortium Name, Memorandum of Association and Certificate of Incorporation for the members of the consortium;
• Ownership structure of bidding entities in the consortium, identifying all shareholders with 5% or more stake;
• Audited bank statements for each entity, not later than 2016, showing aggregate total assets of at least N2.0bn, or a letter of good standing from a bank demonstrating the capacity of the consortium to invest up to N1.0billion in a project of this nature;
• Adviser’s Letter of Appointment (if EOI is being submitted on behalf of a consortium);
• Evidence of alliance/partnership/joint venture between entities in the consortium, clearly indicating the lead entity authorized to submit EOI;
• Full name(s) of contact person(s), email address and telephone numbers of each entity; and
• Any relevant information that demonstrates credibility and eligibility for the Transaction.
Submission of Expression of Interest: Prospective buyers are required to submit their Expression of Interest in English and titled “Expression of Interest for the Investment Opportunity in Nnewi Shopping Mall Limited”. The EOI should be sent not later than 5pm (Nigerian Time) on 30 March 2018.
• Electronic copies should be delivered to [email protected];
• Hard copies should be delivered to the address listed below;
The Head, Investment Banking Division
Afrinvest (West Africa) Limited
27, Gerrard Road, Ikoyi
Tel No.: +234 1 270 1680 Ext 313;
Mobile: +234 909 361 1628, +234 816 982 2600
• Upon receipt and evaluation of the EOIs, a shortlist of investors will be prepared. Shortlisted prospective investors will be contacted and advised on the next steps.
• ANSIPPA reserves the right to take the final decision on EOIs without any responsibility to the respondent.
• ANSIPPA shall not be responsible for the cost of any submission of EOIs or any loss suffered by such submission.
• For further clarification or enquiries, prospective investors may obtain further information from Afrinvest at the address stated above.
SOURCE: DAILY SUN