REQUEST FOR QUOTE
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, implements the USAID-funded Africa Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS2TO6) Nigeria Project, which seeks to reduce the burden of malaria in Nigeria by conducting malaria vector surveillance in sentinel sites across seven states of the federation.
Abt Associates is planning to contract reliable transportation service providers to provide transportation services for staff on field entomological surveillance activities in the six malaria vector sentinel sites located in Sokoto, Bauchi, Nasarawa, Oyo, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom States. Abt Associates anticipates issuing fixed price purchase order(s) as a result of this solicitation to the selected vendor(s).
Abt Associates hereby solicits quotes from interested and responsible vendors in line with the specification and requirements outlined below
1. Two (2) Toyota 7 sealer Prado SUV or equivalent with driver and with fueling for 4 days in a month in Nasarawa from January 23, 2017 through December 31, 2017 based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
2. Two (2) Toyota 7 seater Prado SUV or equivalents with driver and with fueling for 20 days for Nasarawa sentinel site from May 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017 based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
3. Four (4) Toyota 7 sealer Prado SUVs or equivalents with driver and with fueling for 3 days a month for Oyo, Ebonyi and Akwa Ibom and Bauchi sites from January 23, 201 7 through December 31, 2017 based on request within the stipulated period of performance
4. Six (6) Toyota 7 seater Prado SUVs or equivalents with driver and with fueling for 20 days using two vehicles per day per site from May 1, 201 7 through November 30, 2017 for Oyo, Ebonyi, and Akwa Ibom site based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
5. Two (2) 7 seater space Wagons with driver and with fueling for 20 days for Bauchi from May 1, 2017 through November 30, 2017 using two vehicles per day based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
6. One (1) 7 sealer space Wagon or equivalents with driver and with fueling for 3 days a month for Sokoto site from January 23, 201 7 through December 31, 201 7 based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
7. Two (2) 7 seater Space Wagons with driver and with fueling for 20 days for Sokoto using two vehicles per day for 20 days from May 1, 201 7 through November 30, 2017 based on request within the stipulated period of performance.
1. Toyota Prado SUV, 5 doors, Left hand drive. 4WD/ABS air conditioned strong and neat cabin and chassis with complete accessories.
2. Space Wagon bus, 5 doors, Left hand drive, ABS, air-conditioned, strong and neat cabin and chassis with complete accessories..
Each of the seven (6) states shall constitute a slot for bidding. Interested bidders can bid for one or more or the entire 6 slots depending on their capacity to deliver the services required.
Interested bidders shall propose a fixed price supported by a detailed cost breakdown for the items outlined in this solicitation. The detailed cost breakdown should be sufficient to allow Abt Associates to properly evaluate the proposed fixed price as fair as reasonable, however invoices will be accepted and payments issued solely upon receipt of firm deliverables to be negotiated between Abt Associates and the winning bidder(s) at the time of contract award.
Payments will not be made based on daily rates, actual time expended, or expenses incurred. Rather, payments will be made at prices proposed in response to this solicitation and upon the winning bidder’s ability to meet the deliverables schedule mutually agreed by both parties at the time of contract award.
SOURCE SELECTION METHOD
The award will be made to the lowest bid determined to be technically acceptable in accordance with the requirements provided in this solicitation. No advance payments will be provided by Abt Associates.
SCOPE OF WORK
Toyota Prado SUVs will be called for 396days and Space Wagon will be called for 116 days over a maximum period of 12months for the following project activities.
1. Transportation support based on request for entomology monitoring and mosquito larvae prospecting
2. Transportation services for visiting officials
I. Evidence of Registration of company with Corporate Affairs Commission
II. Provide detailed profile of the Company including registered address, functional contact email address and Telephone Number
III. Evidence of Company tax payment to the relevant tax authority
IV. Evidence of drivers possession of valid driving license(s)
CONDITIONS OF AWARD
1. Vehicles will be in the custody of the Principal Investigator at each sentinel site when in use and parked in the premises provided
2. Provide 24 hours notice for any planned deployment of vehicle and another 24 hours notice of redeployment
3. Vehicle log book should be provided by vendor and will be handed over to Abt Administration Unit on redeployment of vehicle
4. Immediate replacement of vehicle in case of any breakdown
5. Drivers should possess basic English Language skills for communication with good attitude and adherence to protocol
6. Drivers should demonstrate strong sense of responsibility and be able to adjust to emerging task starting time
7. Ensure good condition of vehicles.
Payments will be made solely upon receipt of firm deliverables to be negotiated between Abt Associates and the winning bidder(s) at the time of contract award
All quotes must be submitted in two (original and duplicate) in a sealed envelope and marked RFQ-SUV and SPACE WAGON. All quotes must be received one week from the date of this publication. Responses to questions/inquiries are due 7 days from the day of publication.
All quotes must be submitted in hard copies and addressed to:
The Chief of Party,
Abt Development Foundation
Plot 2545 Ortega Emerhor Close
Off Yusuf Usman Bala Street,
Asokoro Estension III
Emails: Adebayo_Adegbenjo@africairs.net; Ifeanyi_okeke@africairs.net; Henry_Nsa@africairs.net
NOTE: This RFQ shall not be misconstrued to be a commitment on the part of Abt Associates to award any form of contract to any respondent nor shall it entitle any organization to claim indemnity from Abt Associates.
SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN