FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
ABIA STATE MINISTRY OF WORKS
ENGAGEMENT OF A PROCUREMENT CONSULTANT FOR ABIA STATE INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
COUNTRY – STATE – NIGERIA – ABIA STATE
NAME OF PROJECT: ABIA STATE INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
ISSUANCE DATE: 10 JUNE 2019
- BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE
The Government of Abia, through the Federal Ministry of Finance has applied for financing from the African Development Bank and IERD toward the cost of implementing Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development Project and intends to apply part of the said financing towards the payments under the contract for the selection of individual consultants to support the project in procurement advisory services.
THE SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The consultant shall provide support to the project implementation unit in preparation and processing:
- The Project Procurement Plan,
- Request for Expression of Interest REOI, EOI, RFPs Tech. & Fin. Evaluation, Contract Negotiation, Award etc.
- Provide hands-on training to the PIU on implementation matters covering procurement, disbursements, report writing, Conduct post-implementation review, and sensitization for management staff of Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development Project on the basic procurement requirements of the project.
- Any other responsibility relating to the project as required by the Project Coordinator
- Prepare and deliver basic procurement training for the PIU, with keen focus on enhancing the capacity of the procurement officer on hands-on procurement principles and practices.
ABIA STATE INTEGRATED INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
Now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultant should submit an expression of interest and curriculum vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- General Experience of the consultant in the field of specialty
- Consultant’s Educational and Professional Qualifications Evidence showing technical and managerial capabilities
- Evidence of experience in the selection of high value international consultants
- Evidence of familiarity with the procurement procedures of AfDB or other MDBs
- Experience in mentoring civil servants and sensitization of senior management on procurement principles and practices.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection (ICT) method set out in the Operations Procurement Manual of the Bank’s Procurement Policy Framework, October 2015 available on the website: https://www.afdb.org/en/projects-and-operations/procurement/new-procurement-policy/.
Further information on the assignment (including the Terms of Reference) can be obtained at the address below including office hours (0900 to 1700 hours).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 17 June, 2019.
Abia State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU)
Abia State Integrated Infrastructure Development Project (ABSIIDP)
Attention: Bob C. Ogu
3b Okpara Avenue Umuahia Abia State Nigeria